Pages

Monday, March 2, 2009

King Crab Legs

I've had a hankerin' for some seafood for quite some time. Rodney's not a big fan of lobster and since I'd never prepared king crab legs, was hesitant. Then I decided to give it a go. I picked up a couple pounds from Albertson's.

After reading a whole bunch about how to prepare these legs, I realized there really was no wrong way to do it, but rather to find which way was most suitable and pleasing to us (er, rather, Rodney). The ones from Albertson's were on sale and were thawing/thawed when I bought them.

I lined the broiler pan/rack with foil and after gently rinsing the legs, placed them on the foil. I broiled them about 5 minutes, turning halfway through.


And that was it, they were done. Rodney enjoyed them and the taste I had was pleasing.

Easy, super fast, though definitely not cheap. It took less than 10 minutes to prepare these and was essentially effortless. We paid $14.99/lb which came out to $18.88!

I realized the following day, when I was removing the meat from the shell on the remaining legs (and subsequently eating it), that I didn't rinse them enough!! I can't believe Rodney didn't suffer some sort of salt overload!

Next time: rinse legs well, then broil.


0 comments: