Pages

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Lemon-Mustard Chicken



I've made this a couple times before and like it. Rodney much prefers the pepper-lime chicken. But since I was making dinner...

Lemon-Mustard Chicken

4.5 lbs chicken pieces
2 tbsp cooking oil
1 tbsp Dijon-style mustard
1 tbsp lemon juice
1.5 tsp lemon-pepper seasoning
1 tsp dried oregano or basil, crushed
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper

Skin chicken. Place chicken pieces, bone side up, on the unheated rack of a broiler pan.


Broil 4 to 5 inches from the heat for 15 to 20 minutes or until light brown.

Meanwhile, in a bowl stir together oil, mustard, lemon juice, lemon-pepper seasoning, oregano, and cayenne pepper.


Brush mustard mixture on chicken. Turn chicken; brush with remaining mixture.
 

Broil for 5 to 15 minutes more or until chicken is no longer pink (170 degrees F for breasts; 180 degrees F for thighs and drumsticks).

This recipe is another easy one, even easier than the Broiled Lemon Chicken. I like the mustard flavor, but again Rodney's not a big fan. One thing I did is overcook these a little bit; they were a little dry. I need to remember to use my meat thermometer rather than relying on time.

I estimate this costs about $6-8 depending on chicken and mustard prices.


0 comments: