Pages

Saturday, May 2, 2009

Caramel and Apple Upside-Down Cake...Again



I made this cake again and this time remembered the milk! Rodney confirmed it's better with milk, so that's good. It'd suck to find out it was better the first time.

Take a look at the batter when all of the liquid is added:


So much easier to "carefully" spread over the apples. I simply poured it on and smooshed it toward the pan edges.


And when it's done baking...



I was a little bit too impatient and didn't let the cake cool enough before flipping it out onto the cooling rack. Caramel oozed everywhere.

Like last time, it was good when it was warm. The next day, it wasn't as good. If I make this again, I will be sure to boil the caramel a little longer. I wonder if I do that AND let the cake bake completely whether the caramel will be stiffer, like on caramel apples. I hope so.


0 comments: