Pages

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Breakfast burritos and tacos

Rodney and I LOVE tacos and burritos. We make tacos out of many leftover dinner meats which makes dinners "renewed" and extremely simple. Now that I think of it, one I should've taken images of and posted about was the tacos we made from the leftover crazy cumin-overkill-chicken boobs I made the other day. Those tacos came out very well and Mom enjoyed them so much she asked for the chicken recipe! We all gorged on those tacos.

Anyway, we frequently have breakfast tacos or burritos. I am one of those jokers (aka assholes) you see on the 405/5 eating breakfast in the morning while driving to work, if I'm fortunate enough that Rodney makes a burrito for me. He has a knack for making flour tortillas just slightly crispy, yet still pliable. Amazing.

As it is Saturday, we had a late breakfast/lunch of tacos:

  1. Pan-fry a few slices of bacon; allow cooked bacon to drain on paper towels
  2. Pour off majority of bacon fat, fry some diced potatoes (salted and peppered) in the little remaining grease
  3. In another skillet, scramble some eggs
  4. In another skillet, warm some tortillas
  5. Scoop some eggs, Mexican-blend cheese, broken bacon, potatoes, and salsa onto a warm tortilla
  6. Eat it like a taco or wrap it up into a burrito and then eat it

Simple and very tasty for just a couple bucks.

0 comments: