Pages

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Golden Dragon


"Today you will find something you have been looking for."

Today I found the answer to whether I'll ever have Chinese food again.

That's it...tonight was the last night I'll have Chinese food for the rest of my life. Unless I find myself in China.

For some reason I cannot comprehend, Rodney adores Chinese food. On occasion, he talks me into getting it. No more. I'm done. It's over.  I can't stand that Chinese food is always served smothered in some sort of wacky gravy and the meat (chicken, beef, pork or shrimp) is deep-fried or cooked down to a mushy madness.

Tonight, we picked up take-out from Golden Dragon, a place we've been picked up from about 4-5 times before. It's been tolerable so I haven't put my foot down on it or Chinese food in general -- until today. We split an order of the special egg rolls, I ordered Red Pepper Chicken, which is fried chicken with zucchini and some other veggies in a sauce, and Rodney got his standard fried rice of some sort.


Special egg rolls


Fried rice and Red Pepper Chicken

Unlike the past, Golden Dragon neglected to give me steamed rice with my chicken, which immediately pissed me off. The chicken was fried, but the "crunchy" part was absolutely soggy. The flesh itself was so dry in areas that it was too similar to jerky, which is completely horrifying but even more so when it's my dinner. As with all American Chinese food, the chicken was drowning in brown sauce and the vegetables were cooked down.

Oh, I nearly forgot, I paid $35 for that crap.


0 comments: