Pages

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

New Potatoes with Chive Butter


The potatoes dolloped with chive-butter are there behind Rodney's steaks.  My camera refused to take decent close-ups.

I needed something to make with the Balsamic Peppered Sirloin, so I chose this recipe, assuming the pan sauce wouldn't be so great. Unfortunately, all I can tell you is that it came from a copy of Cooking Pleasures magazine. Which one? No se. If I cross paths with that particular recipe again, I'll let be sure to update this post.

New Potatoes with Chive Butter

1 lb new potatoes
2 tbsp chives
1/4 c butter, softened

Quarter the potatoes and steam them until tender.


Meanwhile, mix chives and butter.

Dollop chive butter on potatoes.


This probably would've been great if we didn't eat the steak with the super-fantastic sauce. But since we did, the butter-chive mix was lost. It simply came down to having soft potatoes to sop up the super-fantastic sauce. I'll try this again with something blandish, maybe the Chicken Thighs with Caramelized Onions?


0 comments: