Pages

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Rice Vermicelli Mandoo

Here's some more mandoo Mom bought. Rodney and I weren't sure if we'd like this vermicelli stuff, but it turns out we liked it better than the shrimp mandoo. Go figure!


I put the remaining shrimp mandoo and some of the vermicelli mandoo on a plate as the oil in the skillet was warming.


Once the oil was hot, I dumped the mandoo into the skillet.



And stirred it around a bit to let each piece get warmed and somewhat browned.


Then I added about 50 mL of water and covered the skillet so the mandoo would steam.


I picked most of the mandoo out, but left some in the skillet to brown and crisp a little more (I like mine a little bit crisp rather than soft).


Plate that mandoo along with some rice and orange chicken. Serve some kimchi on the side.





This mandoo prep was much better than what I did with the shrimp mandoo. I think it helped that the skillet was jam-packed full of mandoo, which decreased over crisping (burning) possibility while reduced water allowed for a nice steam rather than boiling. Consistency in texture was much improved.

If I had to guess, I'd assume this bag of mandoo was about $4.


0 comments: