Pages

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Yukon Gold Potato Fries

This one is another of those in Cooking Pleasures that is included in the magazine but yet isn't considered a "real" recipe, thus isn't included on the website. Unfortunate.

Regardless, this is what the April/May '08 issue said:

Cut potatoes and 1 large sweet onion into 1" wedges; toss with extra-virgin olive oil.

Sprinkle with dried (preferably Greek) oregano; sea salt and pepper.


Bake at 400°F for 25-35 minutes or until potatoes are golden brown, turning occasionally.


Simple! And they turned out pretty well. I shouldn't have been shy about the amount of oil. Some of my fries stuck right to the pan and I had to chisel them off with my spatula. In the future, I'll be sure to be more generous.

We had this with the crazy cod. If it wasn't for these fries, I'd have gone hungry!

0 comments: