Pages

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Indiana Joe's Tater Salad



This image does not do this salad any justice!! I wish you could see it!

Our good neighbor, Indiana Joe, gave us a portion of his batch of potato salad a couple weeks ago in a mayo jar (hurray for Indiana Joe for reusing!). I ate the majority of it straight out of the jar with a fork while standing in the kitchen after finding it in the 'fridge. Rodney did get a few bites.

Well, being an extremely good neighbor, Indiana Joe returned one of our dishes full of more potato salad!! This time, I managed to take a photo before devouring it.

I have to hand it to Indiana Joe: he manages to prepare the potatoes so they aren't mealy or hard and the salad has a good ratio of crunchy-to-creamy. Previously, Rodney and I had agreed during our potato salad discussions that potato salads usually have too much crunchy crap (which requires time spent picking) or they are too creamy. Or they are pickle-y. Or dill-y. Or just plain weird. Indiana Joe has potato salad down!

I told Indiana Joe that he shouldn't be shy about sharing the recipe. As soon as I get, I'll try that recipe and believe me, you'll know all about it (details depending on Indiana Joe's permission, of course).

We're so lucky to have totally bitchin' neighbors! I should include a label for totally bitchin' neighbors. As a matter of fact, I will.

We ate this with some Spice Rubbed Chicken and salad.

062210
I've included a link to a newsletter where Indiana Joe, potato salad extraordinaire, writes about his two-wheeled escapades including his in-and-out-of-death experiences.

0 comments: