Pages

Friday, July 31, 2009

What just happened?

I have a follower, a real follower, for the first time. Upon finding this out recently (30-45 minutes ago), I spent the last 31-46 minutes simply amazed and befuddled.

Having a follower makes me think:
  1. I need to get my crap together so I post more regularly
  2. I need to get my crap together so I actually give the info I was planning to give (meal plans immediately comes to mind)
  3. I need to go back through my posts and update things like I said I was going to
  4. most of all, that I should confess something I've been "hiding"

In regard to #2, in case I hadn't mentioned it with wonder (or at all) previously -- how do Bloggers keep up with what they said in previous posts? I can't ever remember what I posted but stick to a rule-of-thumb: I will try not to post something unless I hadn't posted it previously. Certainly there is exception to that...I'll blog a post of something I've made earlier but have made changes to. That makes it new, right? Isn't that really what I went into this blogging business for, to keep track of changes I make to recipes? So Rodney and I eat a wider variety of foods so we can become healthier people? Keep track of food costs and waste? Ok, so what if those weren't my real reasons. Of course I ultimately wanted to become a world-renowned blogger! How else could I work in my pajamas and eventually rake in enough cash to buy an electron microscope for my apartment? All anonymously, of course.

Back to the point. Thought #4.

My confession: I post-date my posts. It sucks, I know. It defies all GXP requirements which I've been essentially trained to adhere to no matter the circumstances. Post-dating is wrong, illegal, immoral, simply a heinous crime against nature. And yet I do it here. In this corner of my little universe. Maybe this is me defying authority, going against the natural grain of orderly society.

Or more realistically, I'm super lazy and it's convenient to simply rely on the time-stamp of food images I've taken so I remember what new recipe I had tried and was planning to blog about in the first place. My post-dating allows me the ability to avoid skipping a precious post.

So there you have it. My blood. My sweat. My tears. My confession. My rationale. Love it or leave it.

And by the way:

Welcome, Follower #1. If you are wondering if it's you I'm addressing, let me assure you that yes, you are the one. And for you, I'll keep this post real-time. Realizing full-well this may goof you up in regards to keeping up-to-date with my posts.



0 comments: