Pages

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Fried Rosemary and Sea Salt New Potatoes


Crispy, golden, fried, leftover skin-on red potatoes.

About half the potatoes from dinner the other day were leftover. One of my favorite things is fried potatoes and onions. So...

Fried Rosemary and Sea Salted New Potatoes

0.75 lb leftover cooked red potatoes
1 tbsp butter
2 tbsp diced onions

Cut the potatoes into pieces about 1/2".


Heat a tbsp of butter in a skillet over medium heat until foamy.


Throw the potatoes and diced onions into the skillet.


Stir potatoes and onions occasionally over 15 minutes until hot, golden and the edges are crispy.


I knew the salt content would still be a little much, but what I didn't expect was how the rosemary flavor was so prevalent. It was really subtle when we had the potatoes for dinner, or at least I thought it was.  Quite possibly the French Onion Steak flavors were overriding them that day. Had I anticipated that, I would have prepared eggs too. As it was, I ate a plate of salty rosemary potatoes.

Cost:
  • None, these were leftover potatoes.  Ok, so maybe the butter and onions were 20 and 10 cents, respectively.  Total: $0.30. 
Now that I did that SWAG, as I've SWAGged so many times before, should I figure the cost of each tbsp of butter and onion?  I'm already OCD-ish, will that make me feel better or simply drive me insane? Or should I just shut up and be happy to have had a warm, comforting meal?


0 comments: