Pages

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Salmon with Garlic-Butter Mop


The salmon with steamed white rice and sauteed Italian squash was a fantastic combo.

I'd originally planned to have Lemon-Saffron Chicken Thighs tonight, but didn't realize it required a 12-24 hour marinade. Man, I hate it when I do that!

After some quick thinking,I remembered this salmon recipe that I'd seen previously in one of my Cooking Pleasures magazines. The bitchin' part of this recipe was that we had everything to make it. I'm glad we picked up that bag of salmon from Costco this week. Salmon is a fantastic pinch-hitter.

The original recipe calls for grilling the fish which meant I had to use the broiler. I didn't change anything except that part. Even the cooking time was spot-on.

Salmon with Garlic-Butter Mop

1/4 cup butter
6 garlic cloves, minced
3 tbsp packed brown sugar
3 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
4 (6-oz.) salmon fillets (1 inch thick)
1/4 tsp pepper

Thaw salmon fillets and blot them dry with paper towel.


Line broiler rack with foil. Microwave butter and garlic in small microwave-safe bowl 1 minute. Add brown sugar, lemon juice and Worcestershire sauce; stir until brown sugar is dissolved.

Sprinkle salmon with pepper; drizzle with sauce.
 

Broil 8 to 10 minutes or until salmon just begins to flake, turning once and spooning butter mixture over salmon during broiling.
 


Both of us really liked this salmon a lot. It tasted great and though it looked like it would be, the garlic wasn't at all overwhelming. I was hoping that it would brown a little more, but am happy it didn't end up overdone. Dry salmon sucks!

Cost:

  • salmon: $5.28
Total: about $6 or $3/serving.

We're definitely going to have this again.


0 comments: