Pages

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Fried Leftover Baked Red Potato Fans


Soft, yet crispy potatoes with onions served alongside bacon and scrambled eggs. 

I'd forgotten about these potatoes left in the refrigerator. I know, right? How could I have forgotten that these glorious taters were in my possession as they were so absolutely divine? Believe me, when I found them, I was quite giddy with fried potato excitement.

Cut the potatoes from their original fan state into individual slices.


Heat 1-2 tbsp butter until hot and foamy, but not browned, over medium high heat in a large skillet.


Add the potatoes and joyfully hear 'em sizzle on contact.

Throw in a few diced onions too if you want.

Flip the potatoes on occasion until they are browned on both sides and slightly crispy.



If you are lucky, your Rodney won't come in from the garage right in the middle of heating these, which means you get them all to yourself. Otherwise, you'll feel obligated to fry some bacon and scramble some eggs and share the potatoes. At least my Rodney doesn't hog ALL of the potatoes. He's generous that way.

Damn, these were so good! 10,000 times better than those salty rosemary-y potatoes I fried for late breakfast last time!

There is no doubt whatsoever that I'll make these potato fans at least once a week for the rest of my life.


0 comments: