Pages

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Meatloaf Sandwich


Grilled buttered sourdough, swiss cheese and meat loaf makes for a nice, simple sandwich.

There was this much meat loaf left hanging out in the fridge.

Remember how I forgot to drain the fat?

I have bread. And swiss cheese. Never had a meat loaf sandwich before...

While the broiler was preheating, I sliced the remaining loaf and placed the slices on the broiler rack. Those slices went into the broiler for about 5 minutes.


I buttered one side of two sourdough bread slices and put the buttered sides down in a large preheated skillet. Once warm, I placed 1.5 cheese slices on one slice of bread.


Once the bread was nice and toasty brown on the buttered side, I removed them from the skillet.


Broiled meat loaf slices were arranged on one slice of bread and a little bit of A1 was dabbed onto the meat before the other bread slice topped the meat.


Cut the sandwich in half for easy handling. Grab a napkin.


Yep. Meat loaf sandwiches are good.

Cost:
Let's say $1 for bread and cheese.  Meat loaf, since it was leftover, I'll say was free.


0 comments: