Pages

Friday, October 9, 2009

New Ingredient: Brother Thelonious belgian style abbey ale



Since it's been chilly, I want to braise a hunk of meat. Pork butt roasts are on sale, so I chose to prepare that super-fantastic Beer-Braised Pork with Bacon. I didn't want to make a specific stop at Trader Joe's just for that Black Toad beer I used last time. Some online BevMo! browsing led me to this Brother Thelonious belgian style abbey ale.

I'm not a beer swiller, so I won't even pretend to know what belgian style abbey ale even means or what it tastes like. What I do know is that Brother Thelonious is Thelonious Monk and for every purchase of this beer, $2 goes to the Thelonius Monk Institute of Jazz!

Go out and support young jazz musicians by purchasing some of this beer for your pork. Considering it comes in a sixer or a 750 mL bottle, there will be plenty for you to tantalize your tastebuds while the meal is in the oven.

I can say that Rodney enjoyed the flavor of this beer more than the Black Toad.

A 750 mL bottle ran me $7.49 from BevMo!.

0 comments: