Pages

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Salmon with Balsamic Olive Sauce and a Camera Try-Out


Salmon with lots of Balsamic Olive Sauce, steamed white rice and mixed vegetables.

Since I messed around with the new camera all day and most of the night, dinner got on late. So I needed something pretty quick. Rodney suggested the Salmon with Balsamic Olive Sauce. As it was near midnight by the time I started dinner, and completely dark with no natural light (except that of the moon), this would give me a fantastic opportunity to do a side-by-side-ish sort of camera experiment.


2 (6-oz.) salmon fillets (1 1/4 inches thick), skin removed
1/4 c balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp honey
1/4 c finely chopped pitted Kalamata olives
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley

Heat oven to 450°F.

Place salmon on greased rimmed baking sheet; bake 6 to 8 minutes or until salmon just begins to flake. Cover loosely with foil.


Meanwhile, combine vinegar and honey in a saucepan; bring to a boil over medium heat.
 

Boil 1 to 3 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring constantly. Stir in olives and pepper.


Spoon sauce over salmon; sprinkle with parsley.


Well, the food came out wonderfully. I enjoyed the rice with the salmon. The steamed white rice sucked up a bunch of that sauce and it was tasty. What is it about salmon and rice? They just go so good together like steak and potatoes, Forrest and Jenny Gump, like peas and carrots. Each are win-win combinations.

As for imaging, I can see that there is going to be a bit of a learning curve with this new one. I was just starting to get halfway decent with the old one when it crapped out on me. With the old camera, to image this salmon, I had to use a flash for every shot. The new one only required a flash when the olives were mixed into the balsamic/honey mixture. Interesting.

Regardless, I wonder if I should start using PhotoShop anyway. To date, I haven't simply due to that one characteristic of mine that seems to dominate all others. Laziness.


0 comments: