Pages

Monday, November 16, 2009

Italian-Breaded Pork Chops and Parmesan Orzo


Nicely browned pork chops and orzo.

Tonight I wanted some chops so I thawed a couple out and prepared the Italian-Breaded Chops recipe but I followed my own recommendation of reducing the browning time. The browning time was reduced from 4-5 minutes each side to 3 each side and they look great -- and were much more moist.

The Parmesan Orzo, well, that was essentially perfect the first time anyway. I did reduce the orzo-browning time slightly and made it a point to stir it regularly during those few minutes. It seems to have evened the browning out and thus looked a little more palatable.

Win! Win!

We really should have vegetables in the near future. And you can bet Rodney's going to be paying for all the Parmesan we had tonight. I forget sometimes he's lactose intolerant.


0 comments: