Pages

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Baked Red Potato Fans, Take 3

Why can't I take a decent photo of these potatoes like I did this one?

This is the third time I've made these red potato fans and I think I've replicated the deliciousness of the first time I made them. Last time I made the mistake of omitting the butter. Not again.


7 small red potatoes
1/8 c olive oil, divided
3 tbsp butter, melted
1 1/2 tsp dry oregano
1/2 tsp coarse salt
1/4 tsp pepper

Heat oven to 400°F. Tape 2 wooden chopsticks or dowels to cutting board, leaving a space between them the width of the potatoes. Place 1 red potato between chopsticks; thinly slice (1/8 inch) without cutting through bottom. (Chopsticks stop knife from cutting too far.) Rub potato with 1 teaspoon of the oil; place on foil-lined rimmed baking sheet. Repeat with remaining potatoes.

Brush potatoes with butter, pressing lightly on potatoes to fan open (be careful not to press too hard). Sprinkle with oregano, salt and pepper.


Bake 35 minutes or until tender and golden brown.


So much better with butter!


0 comments: