Pages

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Shrimp, Tomato and Basil Linguine

Fresh cooked Shrimp, Tomato and Basil Linguine ready to plate.

I followed the last take of this Shrimp, Tomato and Basil Pasta recipe, except I used medium shrimp.

Yeah, yeah, I said I'd stick with jumbo shrimp -- I can't help that medium ones were buy one, get one free. Who can pass up four pounds of shrimp for $14? Ok, $3.50 a pound isn't a remarkable deal, but they were frozen and thus more convenient. And so much less expensive than jumbos!

So what if I'm just a cheap-food pack-rat. Poison me.

I did try chiffonading the basil this time. It's a technique I've seen all over the place and works so much better than simply chopping it and more effective than tearing basil. Vegan Yum Yum has excellent photos of how to accomplish this. Or you can look at finecooking for photos of essentially the same thing with slightly more description.

0 comments: