Pages

Friday, March 19, 2010

Laventina's Big Cheese Pizza

After having gone through and cooked the majority of the Food Plan for the week, we were down to a couple of meals, neither of which I was ready to prepare. The plantains weren't brown enough and I was at a loss as to what we'd eat with the mahi-mahi dish. Nevermind that I didn't feel like putting something together.

So we ordered pizza. I tried talking Rodney into trying a new place simply for the excitement of the unknown, but he wasn't having it. We got our pie from Laventina's.

Because I'm just about completely obsessed with imaging all the food that is going to be consumed in this homestead of an apartment even though I've photographed almost the exact same thing repeatedly, I went ahead and started taking shots of our new subject, our latest Laventina's creation.

Rodney is usually a gentleman about this obsession of mine and will wait until I say, "ok, it's yours", indicating that I won't take further photos. Not this time.

Rodney reached in for a slice, right in the middle of my photo shoot, just as I was becoming accustomed to my subject.


Grabbing a slice, Rodney pulled it to separate it from the mother ship.


Leaving a pizza-slice-removal aftermath we'd never seen before.


Slices were overturned; mushrooms, onions and olives were separated from the cheese-teats in which they were nestled. The horror. The horror! Rodney right away asked, "This is going into the blog, isn't it?"

Never was such horror so damn tasty.

Get some. Now. Here's the number. You won't be able to restrain yourself either. 5 bucks says so.

14" pie with 5 toppings is less than $20 out the door. Don't forget to give a toke.

0 comments: