Pages

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Napa Valley Pizza and Pasta Co. BBQ Chicken Pizza



I didn't feel like making anything tonight. Rodney and I decided on pizza and a new place was to be had. More than a year ago, I'd eaten lunch at Napa Valley Pizza and Pasta Co. and remembered the salad was good and the pizza slice thin and crispy. Not sure that Rodney would like such a thin-crusted pizza, I pointed out to him that Napa Valley offers a small selection of pizzas including a BBQ chicken pizza, topped with chicken, BBQ sauce, red onion, mozzarella and cilantro.

We called and placed our order, requesting the 16" BBQ chicken pizza and found it would be ready in 20-25 minutes. When we arrived, I went in to get our dinner. It was sort of awkward to pick up an order to go there as everything is arranged for sit-down dining. Stools occupy the entire length of the short bar meaning I had to lean over a stool to sign my credit card slip.

Carrying the pizza to the truck, I was struck my how heavy it felt. Rodney and I were salivating by the time we got back home -- this pizza smelled like heaven!



When opening the generic box, both of us gasped. The cilantro looked freshly minced! The toppings covered crust to crust perfectly evenly. Cheese browned. And those bumps under the cheese? Hunks of chicken. Lots of chicken.


Each of us pulled a slice from the pie, marvelling at the amount of chicken. I was impressed that the crust wasn't soggy and the slice tips weren't saggy.


Also impressive was the cheese and pepper flakes that came with the pizza. No one asked if we wanted it, it was just in there. And they weren't packets! The Parmesan actually smelled like fresh-grated Parmesan!


I took this image of my slice, put the camera away, loaded up the Parmesan and pepper and started chowing.



The BBQ sauce was a little much for me as I am not a fan of it unless it's slathered on some ribs. This made me think of KC Masterpiece, though I'm not enough of a purchased BBQ sauce connoisseur to know for sure. I couldn't get over the chicken -- it was real chunks of chicken breast and so much of it. Almost too much, but Rodney thought it spot on.

We'll be back to Napa Valley for sure. It's a little toward the high side when it comes to cost, but for the quality of what you get, it's worth it.

16" BBQ Chicken Pizza, $25.78 including tax and toke. Don't wait too late to call -- this local place closes shop early, 10 p.m. Friday and Saturday and 9 p.m. the other days.


0 comments: