Pages

Monday, March 22, 2010

Persian Cookie


This is a little cookie.
About the diameter of an old worn quarter.
It's Persian.
One of three I received from a Persian co-worker.
He's a real Persian, not an American version of a Persian.
Like I'm an American version of a Korean.
The first two, I ate.
This one, the last one, I saved for Rodney.
I contemplated eating it on the way home.
Again.
And again.
Again and again.
I unwrapped it from the foil housing it.
The day is really long.
I took a picture before he ate it.
So I'd remember what they looked like.
Rodney hesitated slightly before eating it.
The cookie has cracks.
Grand Canyon-sized crevices if you were an ultra-tiny person standing on the cookie.
But just tiny lines on this cookie from our point of view.
And there are pistachio sprinkles.
And walnut insides trying to poke out.
Rodney liked it.
Crispy-crumbly is the texture.
Nutty.
Milky.
Tasty.
Good.

One day, I'm going to make these.

0 comments: