Pages

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Garlic Butter Roast Chicken and Vegetables Take 2, leftovers reheated



I played a round of golf this afternoon and didn't get back to the apartment homestead until after 9. I wasn't going to cook dinner, that's for sure.

Rodney had placed the remaining chicken and potatoes from dinner the other night into a deep bowl. Since the new aluminum baking sheet had been washed (requiring little labor, from what I hear) I figured it'd be good to eat those leftovers.

I minimized the reheating time by carving the bird into pieces, wings, thigh, and breast, as the oven preheated. For kicks, I chose to reheat the frame as well -- there were those jewels of dark meat nestled into the frame pockets remaining.


The aluminum baking sheet was MISTO'd before the chicken parts and potatoes were placed on it. The whole thing was baked for 30 minutes and allowed to stand about 5 minutes before serving.


Dinner was good. While reheating in the oven does take a little longer than simply microwaving, the food doesn't have hot or cold spots and best of all, doesn't get dried out. Have I mentioned how much I love leftovers?


0 comments: