Pages

Monday, June 14, 2010

Print Option

I'm working on getting a print option on this blog.  I tried to print a recipe direct from it a couple weeks ago and it wanted to print the grey background.  Yikes!  What a waste of ink. 

If you have any good hints on how to write a script for the latest Blogger templates and printing select text with a white background, let me know.  I and my few repeat readers would appreciate!

Thus far I've tried a couple of "paste this script in XYZ location" and while they worked, they printed the entire page, photos and comment box and everything.  I'd like to avoid that. 

Beyond that, there is an option to open a Google Docs or equivalent that I can post text only recipes I can link to in the blog, but hokey Pete and good golly Miss Molly, that's a lot of work, nevermind the cyberspace to accomplish something that should be quite simple.  Of course, I say this without knowing how to write one iota of code or comput-inglish.  

2 comments:

Laura said...

This would be ideal for me! You have so many great recipes.

The Cook said...

Thanks for the compliment! I'm working on it (part-time) and hope to get something working soon. However, as I mentioned, I'm not a code-writer of any sort, so be patient.

And FYI, thanks in advance for your willingness to be a guinea pig participant in my attempts. Hopefully the duration will be short.

Any help you can send via personal knowledge or links are welcome!