Pages

Monday, June 14, 2010

Roatan Island Bourbon Chicken Leftovers


With so much chicken, steamed broccoli and potatoes (herbed with fresh oregano) leftover from last night's dinner, it was a choice between making tacos or simply reheating the kit-n-caboodle to eat as is. Being as lazy as I am, and the idea of broccoli-potato-chicken tacos not really setting well with me, reheating was the way to go.

I didn't snap a photo of the leftover potatoes and broccoli, each in respective Pyrex bowls. (Actually I did but didn't bother resizing them for this post.  If you're dying to see the photos, let me know and I'll stick 'em in here).  However, here's what was left of the chicken:


The oven was allowed to preheat to 350°F. Meanwhile, I snapped the lids off the Pyrex bowls and removed the plastic wrap from the Corelle baking dish containing the chicken. Then I twiddled my thumbs or something.

Once the oven was hot, the dishes of food were stuck into the oven on the middle rack, completely uncovered until heated through, about 30 minutes.

And voila: look at that chicken!

And look at that baked-on, caked-on mess! Rodney's going to have fun cleaning that sucker! I will recommend a three-day soak.


Being dark meat, the chicken didn't get dried out at all. The potatoes were a bit crispier than last night, which isn't a bad thing in my opinion, but the broccoli? It wasn't looking to hot, but was still edible. I wouldn't bother trying to pass the broccoli off on a little kid though, that would be a big waste of time -- precious time saved by simply reheating this entire meal.

Oh yeah, as an FYI, we got 5 servings of this chicken.  Just in case you're keeping track.

0 comments: