Pages

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Rib Eye Salad



Last night I had the second of two steaks I purchased when shopping. Last night's steak was the big one, weighing in at 1.49 lbs! I ate a good portion of it with a baked potato. Mmm.

So I have the better part of two steaks leftover, which means to me a good time for some beefy salad.

Each leftover portion of steak was bias-cut across the grain into about 1/8" slices.


One sliced steak was returned to the fridge, while the other was used to top romaine, button mushroom slices and fresh Roma tomato chunks. A little bit of Italian dressing was used for lube.



Steak on salad is so good.  I could eat it every day. The amount of beef was a little much, but still very tasty.

Cost:
  • steak leftovers: $2.50
  • romaine: $0.30
  • mushrooms: $0.50
  • tomato: $0.21

That makes tonight's huge salad about $3.50. Best of all, dinner was on in less than 15 minutes.

0 comments: