Pages

Monday, July 19, 2010

Wings and Salad


Cooking tonight was not even an option considering the vast chicken and chicken pasta leftovers stowed in the fridge. Honestly, neither sounded that good as I'm accustomed to having a fairly rapid food turnover rate with Rodney around. I chose chicken. After all, I just had the pasta last night.

And there was a lot to choose from. This is the leftover Sweet Korean Chicken Wings in a 9x13" baking dish, fresh from the fridge.


So the question was: how do I reheat fried chicken wings?


While the oven preheated to 350°F, I put a few wings on an oven-safe plate.


Then I baked the wings until they were heated through, about 10 minutes. Meanwhile, I prepared the salad, nothing more than some chopped romaine lettuce leaves combined with a little mixed baby greens, sliced button mushrooms, chunks of Roma tomato and a splash of Italian dressing.

Now I'm not going to lie. The chicken would've been better had I fried them to re-crispify the skin, but I didn't. Baking, while leaving the chicken with a decent disposition, didn't do much for the skin. The skin was a little, um, on the rubbery side. I peeled most of it away as I ate the chicken. Bonus is that I'm probably healthier for it.

Regardless, dinner was done in 20 minutes. The salad, though simple, was excellent. I could tell that I was in need of some greens just by the way the crispy-watery-ness of lettuce was so delectable.

0 comments: