Pages

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Food Plan and Grocery List, 082710

Last week, I didn't have a plan.  I didn't even go to the store.  I didn't make that Number One Best Lasagna recipe. Honestly, I had plenty of lasagna in the freezer and I'd been eating that stuff almost too frequently, so wasn't exactly raring to go on that dish. I'm not sure I'm ramped up now to make it, but the basil and ricotta's not getting any younger.

Today, I was all motivated to get a bunch of stuff done.  I caught up on some blog reading via Google Reader, made it to The Hat for a cheeseburger, fry and Coke* lunch, swung by the dealership and had the oil changed and tires rotated on my tiny truck while I studied Korean, went to Costco and looked at cell phone plans** and re-upped on TP, PT and kitty litter, unloaded the stuff at home, caught up with my friend in Chicago on the phone, made a food plan, hit The Meat House, Grower's Direct, PetCo, and Stater Bros. And then I cleaned the fridge!

Whew!

The line-up this week, in no particular order:
  • #1 Best Lasagna
  • Andy's Spicy Green Chili Pork
  • Christy's Awesome Hot Ham and Cheese
So I shopped:

The Meat House:
  • Boar's Head Ham: $8.90/0.99 lb
  • Boar's Head Swiss cheese: $3.67/~0.5 lb
  • TOTAL: $12.57
Grower's Direct:
  • lime: $0.17/0.24 lb
  • cantaloupe: $1.34/3.44 lb
  • green bell pepper: $0.49/0.41 lb
  • Roma tomatoes: $1.37/1.54 lb
  • avocado: $0.99 ea
  • pineapple: $4.29/4.33 lb (should've bought one at Costco as they were $2.99 each!)
  • white sweet corn-on-the-cob: $0.66/2
  • Hot House cucumber: $1.49/ea
  • romaine lettuce: $0.89/head
  • white onion: $0.27/0.55 lb
  • serrano peppers: $0.08/0.06 lb
  • cilantro: $0.39/bunch
  • Italian parsley: $0.39/bunch
  • SunFlower Nine-Grain bread: $3.59/loaf (you should see the ingredient statement on this bread!)
  • TOTAL: $16.41
Stater Bros.:
  • Guerroro flour tortillas: $2.49/pack of 10
  • Stater Bros 2% milk: $0.99/pint (why do I buy milk?  I keep thinking I'll eat Cheerios, but then I  never do. At least I'm buying it in smaller packages.)
  • Herdez salsa verde: $1.99/16 oz
  • pork butt roast: $4.94/2.5 lb
  • Stater Bros. fresh hot Italian sausage links: 2.50/lb
  • TOTAL: $12.91
083110, Smart & Final
  • sweet onions: $2.99
  • 3-pack of kitchen towels (black and white, my favorite!): $5.99
  • Dole Mandarin Oranges: $5.89/3 kg, that's 6 lb and 10 oz
  • TOTAL: $15.39
Grand Total: $57.28.

*I know fountain Coke has HFCS in it and the phosphoric acid in it will simply rot my teeth and bones, but Coke goes good with burgers and fries -- and unlike some yogurt brands, Coke doesn't market their cola as a healthy food.  I (like a junky) consider it a treat as I now have it quite infrequently

**Costco is offering a deal right now: sign up for a 2-year contract with Verizon and get, for each line, a free Samsung Intensity 2 manufactured with 35% post-consumer waste with slide-out QWERT keyboard (not that it makes any difference to me as I don't text), rebate for activation fees, a free car charger, a free BlueTooth, a free case. Basically, sign a contract for free and get a phone with multiple gadgets for free.  Why didn't I sign up right then as my ATT call quality sucks ASS?

0 comments: