Pages

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Giant Andy's Spicy Green Chile Pork Soft Taco


Green Chile Pork with pinto beans, tomatoes, guacamole and salsa on a warm flour tortilla

While I didn't take the time to jazz up my meal with rice like I'd intended to originally, as this being a part-time student gig takes up a LOT of my time, I did jazz up the main dish. That's why I made the guacamole earlier.

Opting for beans, I rinsed a can of pintos, put about half of the rinsed beans in a bowl with a good tong-ful of cold Andy's Spicy Green Chile Pork. The bowl was covered with paper towel and nuked in the microwave a few minutes on medium power. Meanwhile, I heated a flour tortilla in a skillet on the stove-top.


The hot beans and pork were placed on the warmed tortilla and followed by fresh-diced Roma tomato and guacamole.


Then, to make it all juicy and slightly spicier, I spread a big dollop of salsa over the guac.


This bad boy was piled high and once folded, required two hands to eat. Man, I love tacos! They are so easy to prepare and so, just oh so good! However, I came to the conclusion that I really did over-do it with the salt on this pork. I have a bunch of salty pork on my hands.

Cost:
  • tortilla: $0.25
  • beans: $0.45
  • Andy's Spicy Green Chile Pork: $0.93
  • tomato: $0.30 (SWAG)
  • guacamole: $0.60
Total: $2.53 for one giant taco, serving one.  Seems kinda pricey, but worth it to me as it's primarily fresh food with fresh ingredients.

0 comments: