Pages

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Albers Sweet Corn Bread


Albers Sweet Corn Bread is like Jiffy Corn Bread but so, so much better and just as easy to make

I was suddenly made aware of the possibility of easy bread to eat with soups by my friend outside Chicago. And tonight I made it happen!

Albers Sweet Corn Bread
from Albers

1 1/2 c all-purpose flour
2/3 c sugar
1/2 c Albers® White or Yellow Corn Meal
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/4 c milk
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1/3 c vegetable oil
3 tbsp butter, melted

Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 8-inch square baking pan.


Combine flour, sugar, corn meal, baking powder and salt in medium bowl.


Combine milk, eggs, vegetable oil and butter in small bowl; mix well.


Add to flour mixture; stir just until blended.

Pour into prepared baking pan.


Bake for 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.



Yeah, uber simple.  And most ingredients are pantry items anyway. And so friggin' tasty.

Cost:

I'm gonna do a SWAG of $2.  Call me crazy! But I think that'd be about right. And that makes each of 18 super tiny servings $0.11, or each of 20 really super tiny servings $0.10.


0 comments: