Pages

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Aloo Phujia, Take 2


Aloo Phujia, Take 2, with a side of eggs -- a match made in heaven

Because this dish/recipe was so good, I didn't waste much time doing it again.  This time around, I made the changes I'd suggested earlier.  And it was spot-on!

First, I used a larger skillet, the largest of my three.  Using the same quantity of oil and onions, the onions were offered enough room to actually brown.


To shave the overall cooking time by ten minutes to that stated in the original recipe, I cut my potatoes into a smaller dice, about the size of those found in cans of Veg-All, or about 3/8" square.

These changes made compliance to the recipe do-able, though I have to admit I didn't notice much difference in the flavor/texture.  However, that's a good thing because it rocked the first time!


0 comments: