Pages

Monday, October 11, 2010

Grocery List, Week of 101110

As today was a work holiday for me, I found that I could procrastinate like mad when it came to making a food plan and grocery list. I dicked around for so long that I wound up having no plan at all before it was time to go to class.

Maybe oxtail soup, but we'll see.

101110, HMart
I checked out the oxtails here and holy crap, they go for $7 a pound. For that I could get a filet mignon and wrap it in bacon. So I passed. I did buy some

Jonagold apples: $2.47/0.89 lb

which turned out to be mushy and not very appealing apples. Now I know why they are "pie" apples.

101210, Stater Bros.,
I delivered a couch after work for a coworker and since I was right by Stater Bros, thought I'd go in. No clue regarding what to make when I browsed, I decided to make that Aloo Phujia again. As it goes so exceptionally well with eggs, I bought more eggs too.

  • eggs, large: $1.79/12
  • brown onion: $0.50/0.51 lb
  • Roma tomatoes: $1.05/0.62 lb (or two tomatoes)
  • TOTAL: $3.34
Grand Total: $5.81

0 comments: