Pages

Friday, November 19, 2010

Carl's Jr Six-Dollar Burger Combo



I've been sick and I wanted something other than soup. I've had some Chicken Fajita Chili and some of the Black Bean Slow-Cooker Soup. I wanted something that would really kick me in the taste-buds with texture and flavor. At first I was going to get me a couple of Korean tacos, but since it was raining, I didn't want to get out of the truck. So I decided to see if it was true that Carl's went from the thick-cut to thin-cut fries. My fingers were crossed that the fries would still be "natural" with skin-on.

Arriving home, I opened the burger. And there it is, a $6 original in an open box.


And here's the fries, certainly thinner than they used to be, but not like shoestrings, thank Corporate Carl's Food Scientists. Maybe it's because I'm sick, but I couldn't really tell the difference between the old fries and the new, thinner fries. I am happy they still show some skin.


And here's the burger I was hoping to kick my tastebuds in their teeth. I got the textures, but no flavors. What a waste of fat and more fat.


Original Six Dollar Burger Combo, small, with a Coke: $7.06.


0 comments: