Pages

Friday, November 26, 2010

Hottie's Pizza, the Femme Fatale



While my brother asked yesterday if I wanted to take a plate home after Thanksgiving dinner (main course of Bacon-Wrapped Turkey!), I figured he, his roommate and my nephew would be able to kill the remaining turkey no problem, and since I was so stuffed, I declined.

What the friggidy frack was I thinking?

Tonight would be pizza delivery. From a place called Hottie's. Honestly, I was sort of skeptical about this place because of the name and the names of their pies. Blond Bombshell's, Call Girls, etc. But I'm not about judging a book by it's cover and was quite happy to find they would deliver to me.

I ordered the Femme Fatale, located under the Modern Beauty section of the pizza menu, because it comes with red sauce, mozzarella, sausage, pepperoni, Canadian bacon, roma tomatoes, onions, green bell peppers and black olives. Isn't that what makes the world go round?

My Femme Fatale showed up in this ubiquitous box.


And the pie was topped with all of the promised ingredients and came with little cups of cheese and crushed red pepper. I love that!


I pulled a slice from the pie and look, it's not all that soggy. And sort of thinnish.


The ingredient:ingredient ratios were good as well as the ingredient:cheese ratio. It reminded me a little bit of Al's New York Cafe #3 Combo.


Not too shabby. And they deliver!

Large (15") Femme Fatale, aka The Works, $20.84 + $5 toke for the driver (who I suspect also took my order based on her bubbly voice which contrasted starkly with the looks on her face) on the Visa.


0 comments: