Pages

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Korean Tacos


The Korean tacos I'd been preparing for were really good. There are a couple tweaks I'd make, but let's start with the highlights.

The Korean Marinated Flank Steak was flavored exactly as I'd hoped. The flank steak was tender but not mushy, and Korean flavors were evident. The Korean-Style Spicy Slaw, well, the slaw was simply amazing.

Unfortunately, the steak and slaw did not combine well in a taco. It was as if they were both jumping up and down, waving their report cards, each listing perfect scores. That said, the beef needs tweaking. Again, the flavors were excellent, but the cut was just not quite right. Next time, I'll forgo the flank stank and opt for bulgogi. I think the smaller pieces, more toward caramelized, will lend itself a better fit for a Korean taco than the sliced flank.
 
The slaw? I will not move away from that. It really is perfect.


0 comments: