Pages

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Food Plan and Grocery List, 012211

Because I had a bunch of errands to run today, I figured I may as well figure out what I'm going to eat this week. There's some turkey, cheese and bread left so I could do sandwiches, but what would be alternate meal choices?

I decided on a dish and side that would yields servings enough to carry me through the week:

  • Italian Roast Beef with Tomatoes and Kalamata Olives
  • Oven-Baked Polenta with Fontina Cheese

Yes, I realize I'll be eating a lot the same thing regularly, but considering my crammed schedule with work and class, I'm ok with cooking once and eating a decent non-take-out meal daily.

One thing I liked about the recipes is that they don't call for much that I don't already have. Check it out:

Stater Bros.:

  • shredded mozzarella: $1.49/8 oz
  • half-and-half: $1.59/pint
  • tomato puree: $1.29/28-oz can
  • boneless beef chuck roast: $5.43/2.73 lbs
  • garlic bulbs: $1.29/package of 2
  • living basil: $2.39/package
  • russet potatoes: $2.49/8 lbs (for french fries)
Total: $15.97.

0 comments: