Pages

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Chickpea, Sausage and Kale Pasta, a revisit


Damn, this pasta dish is totally kick-ass! I loved it this time just as much as the first time, though I do have to say that I prefer the farfalle pasta over the penne. I find that I swallow a lot of air when I eat penne and, well, I'll leave that at that.

This time around I used an entire bunch of kale and didn't bother to chop it. Mmpuah! Delicious! Oh, and I neglected to use cheese. Turns out, lack of cheese doesn't steal any thunder from this pasta.

Click the link above for the play-by-play as well as a printable recipe.

Cost:

  • chickpeas, aka garbanzo beans: $0.70
  • Aidells Cajun-style andouille sausage: $5.99/12-oz
  • fire-roasted diced tomatoes: $1.39
  • kale: $0.99/bunch
  • spinach penne: $3.99
  • plus some extra SWAG for oil, garlic: $0.25

Total: $13.31 or $2.22 for each of six servings.

0 comments: