Pages

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Franmara Hugger Corkscrew

So I had my bottle of wine and was just about ready to use it in a recipe and realized I had no way to get the cork out. Whatever corkscrew Rodney used to use, I couldn't find anywhere.

Off to the store I went.

Out of the several choices available, I selected this one.


It wasn't outrageously expensive, wasn't outrageously complicated, and wasn't too simple, allowing me to confidently believe it would be perfectly sufficient for the likes of someone like me who'd never used a corkscrew in her life.

Best of all, it had good instructions.


I read the instructions, looked at the cork, examined the corkscrew, reviewed the instructions and took the cork on.


And voila! It worked magnificently!


There was a moment when I was concerned the corkscrew would come straight out of the cork, leaving me with a small messy hole in the cork from which the wine would dribble out, but that didn't happen.

Franmara Hi-Tech Hugger Waiter's Corkscrew available at BevMo for $5.99 plus tax, or $6.51 OTD.


0 comments: