Pages

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Pancetta



I needed some pancetta and dry coppa and that I could cut into cubes for a specific recipe. Having never used pancetta before, I went to the local meat place, The Meat House, and requested a quarter-pound.

As is typical with my experience with The Meat House, I received more than what I'd requested. This time I walked out with just over one half-pound of pancetta.

Initially slightly annoyed that I received so much pancetta but none of the coppa, but complacent with the idea that I'd be able to eat a bunch of pancetta on crackers with cheese or whatever people do with extra Italian bacon, that quantity turned out to work very well for me.

You'll see.

Pancetta, in a 0.565-pound section in the rind, available at The Meat House for $6.21, or $10.99/lb.


0 comments: