Pages

Sunday, March 13, 2011

San Marcos Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce


I just now realized the label says "chilpotle" peppers.

San Marcos brand was my selection of the day as it had the least amount of ingredients. No extra junk, just ripened jalapenos...and some other stuff. Kick me, I forgot to image the statement!

What I can tell you is that 7.5-oz cans seem to be the only size available and it doesn't matter if you are shopping at El Supermercado or El Gringo Groceria. Such a small can contains quite a few peppers, enough for a few dishes, and it's possible the leftovers from a single can will go to waste, which is a bummer.

And thus, I'm adding a new label to the list of labels. Let's utilize those peppers while we've got 'em, eh?

I've read that you can freeze the leftover peppers in their tangy adobo sauce by popping them into freezer trays but I haven't tried it myself.

Another thing I can tell you for certain is that this is what a couple of the peppers from the can looks like chopped, seeds and all.


While I'm calling this a new ingredient, I have used it before, in Chocolate Chipotle Cupcakes and Diablo Shrimp.

Available at Stater Bros. for $0.99.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Also comes in 11-oz and 3.5-oz cans.

The Cook said...

Really? I'll look more closely when I shop next. A 3.5-oz can would be bad ass!