Pages

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Tinkyada Brown Rice Lasagna



A potluck at work left me searching the city for gluten-free lasagna noodles. When I finally when to Mother's Market, I was faced with a variety of brands.

I selected Tinkyada because of the pricing and because the pretty box declared that the pasta would not become mushy.

Take a look at the ingredients: brown rice, rice bran and water. That's gluten-free.


The noodles out of the box look pretty much like regular semolina gluten-ladened noodles.


But a 20 minute soak in hot water let me know that these were not exactly like semolina noodles.


And heads-up. They did wind up becoming mushy. I'd recommend taking them straight out of the box and putting them directly into the lasagna rather than exposing the noodles to any water in advance.

Tinkyada gluten-free lasagna noodles, available at Mother's Market for $3.59/10-oz box.


0 comments: