Pages

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Food Plan and Grocery List, 080611

Work has been insane lately, so my cooking during the week is essentially non-existent. I figure that'll be the case this week and too (and many weeks after that), so I'm gonna throw down huge food tomorrow and eat it for dinner over the week. Going out to lunch has been a necessity to maintain my sunny demeanor so I'm not going to sweat the fact that I'm spending a mint on lunches alone. I'll deal with that later, as in next year.

The line-up:
  • St. Louis Pork Steak Sliders
  • Grilled Summer Vegetable Succotash

I shopped:

Trader Joe's
  • Black Toad dark ale, 12 oz: $1.13
Grower's Direct:
  • cherries: $7.62/2.73 lb
  • red bell pepper: $0.97/0.65 lb
  • onions: $0.52/1.33 lb (2)
  • white sweet corn: $0.98/2 ears
  • garlic bulb: $0.57/0.23 lb
  • cilantro: $0.29/bunch
  • organic edamame: $2.49/10 oz
  • TOTAL: $13.44
Stater Bros.:
When I hit the baking aisle, I found a man searching the spice racks. I patiently waited for him to scootch over so I could get my bay leaves and move on to pork selection. He looked at me, sort of worried, sort of relieved, and asked me where he could find capers. I directed him to the far aisle, the condiment aisle, and told him to look for a small jar sort of by the mustards. After grabbing my bay leaves and mid-pork selection, I wandered over to check on the guy. I pointed out the capers, he was relieved, and I felt like did a small good deed.
  • Sara Lee mini buns: $2.99/pack of 12
  • McCormick Turkish bay leaves: $5.99
  • Organic Circle tomato sauce: $0.59/8 oz
  • pork steaks: $5.40 @ $2.49/lb
  • pork steaks: $5.73 @ $2.49/lb
  • Boltouse Farms chai tea protein drink: $5.99/32 oz
  • TOTAL: $26.69
Grand Total: $41.26
Total for the year: $927.83


0 comments: