Pages

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Rockin' B's Burrito Bandito's Carnitas Quesadilla



Like their burritos, Rockin' B's quesadillas are simply enormous. And this one sort of reminded me of the ones I miss so much from Grand Rapids, where Tacos el Ganadero cranks out some super kick-ass quesadillas with yummy shrimp and chihuahua cheese and a nicely spiced sauce...well, let's stay on track. Let's just say I've given my monologue on those quesadillas previously.

I opted for carnitas for the meat in my Rockin' B's quesadilla and it was loaded with a slew of toppings of my choice (pickled jalapenos, cilantro y onion, I forget what else) plus a ridiculous quantity of the cheese of my choice.

After warming on the flat-top, the quesadilla was sliced, not into pizza-style slices you might find in other places, but sliced like those quesadillas from back home: first in half and then across that half into sections so there were only four small, pointy slices and four lengthy, rectangular ones. The original cut halves were piled on top of each other so that the juices and grease from the upper half oozed over the bottom half.

This one slice was what remained from my half of a leftover quesadilla. I ate 3/4's of the leftovers cold before microwaving this one and snapping a photo. Yep, I'm a glutton.

Rockin' B's Burrito Bandito Quesadilla, enough to eat twice, about $7.


0 comments: