Pages

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Lodge Logic Seasoned Ready to Use 12" Cast Iron Skillet



While I have three cast iron skillets, I've been bad about using them frequently and find that I have to reseason them almost every time, which becomes a viscious circle.  Of those three, all of which are dirty right now, the largest is a 10" and I wanted 12.

So I went and got me a Lodge skillet which was preseasoned right there at the factory in good ol' USA. I've prepared some dishes with this bad boy and it has not disappointed (you'll see).

The instructions, which were on the back of the paper sheet rubber-cemented to the iron, basically said this:
Rinse with hot water, dry with paper towel; squirt some oil in it before you use it the first time. After cleaning, scrub with a stiff brush in hot water. Towel dry immediately and rub it with some oil while warm.


Lodge Logic Seasoned Ready to Use 12" cast iron skillet available at Target for $18.99.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to let you know that this post was super useful for me. When I removed the label from my pan, the instructions ripped off. Luckily you took a picture of yours and now I know how to take care of it!

The Cook said...

Your feedback just made my day - thanks for taking the time to comment!