Pages

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Kroger Peppercorn Medley Grinder



My next recipe execution calls for multi-colored peppercorns and so it went onto the shopping list. While I could've purchased name-brands in slightly greater quantities for much more money, I went with this little Kroger (aka Ralph's) guy.

It contains whole black, white, pink, and green peppercorns.


Better than that is that while it is a plastic grinder, with peppercorns safely sealed under a label, it offers a peppercorn-pouring option.

Peel the seal, screw the grinder portion onto the base containing peppercorns via threads, the grinder part is free-turning, and the cap is separate.

That cap says it's an adjustable grinder and to see the label. The label doesn't talk about it, but personally, I don't care. I don't see how it's adjustable unless it's a matter of loosening the grinder assembly from the peppercorn-ladened base.


I poured, via a brief measuring spoon visit, into a mortar.


Available in the baking/spice aisle of Ralph's for $2.49/1.37 oz (or 38 g)


0 comments: