Pages

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Food Plan and Grocery List, 112611

Thanksgiving Day was spent at my brother's house where I broke bread with him, my former sister-in-law, and my nephew. I came home with a giant container of leftovers, including the hambone. That means I'm gonna be making a hambone soup.

Stater Bros.:
  • cage-free eggs: $3.79/dozen
  • whole milk: $1.19/pint
  • sliced bacon: $3.99/lb
  • Italian squash: $0.68/0.53 lb
  • garlic bulbs: $1.29/2 each
  • Russet potatoes: $1.53/1.55 lb (2)
Total: $12.47

I forgot corn and because I can see into the future on this blog, I know I'll get a can of Goya corn from the little Mexican store around the corner for about $1.50 tomorrow.

Oh yeah, and since I didn't have a food plan last week, the only shopping I did was for my contribution for Thanksgiving dinner, which wasn't much:

  • Farmer John center-cut ham: $16.85 @1.69/lb
  • Good Cook meat thermometer: $4.19 on sale

Total: $35.01
Total for the year: $1411.54

The ham was just one part of the meal which my SIL essentially planned and executed single-handedly: ham, roast beef, shoepeg corn casserole, green bean casserole, mashed potatoes, gravy, rolls with bacon and cheese built in. Everything was awesome though Lauren would remind me the beef came out too well-done and we didn't do the yams (my fault as she'd put me in charge of them and I totally spaced out, forgetting them entirely).

0 comments: