Pages

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Eat Smart Broccoli Florets



Similar to the Private Selection Rainbow Slaw, this bag of Eat Smart Broccoli Florets was found in the produce section of the grocery. Against my usual tendency, I put this package in my cart instead of rubberband bound heads of broccoli complete with stems. In this case, I was LAZY.

I'm not going to do a long talk from my soap-box, but I'm going to admit feeling guilty about this purchase as it came in plastic. Normally, when purchasing fruits and vegetables, broccoli included, I feel no need to put it in a plastic bag before tossing it, gently, into my cart. Hopefully I remembered to bring my reusable grocery bag to avoid the waste of additional plastic bags.

See what the broccoli looks like after dumping it out of the bag? Amazingly, the florets look like those I'd cut from a head within 30 seconds in my kitchen. Oh yeah, I saved on that difficult step of "washing" my broccoli, which is usually a 30 second rinse in water.


Eat Smart Broccoli Florets, available in the produce section of your local Stater Bros. in a 12-oz plastic bag for $1.99.

Okay, I'm unplugging the asskicking machine now.


0 comments: