Pages

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Reheating A Cold Slice of Pizza


The image above depicts a slice of Doria's Haus Special reheated in a skillet. In my opinion, it's the only way to reheat a slice as the toppings are nicely warmed, the cheese ooey-gooey, and the crust crisp, not at all mushy.

Normally, I'd do this in a non-stick skillet, like I did with Costco and Massimo's slices. All you need is a skillet with a lid. Put the cold slice in the skillet, cover, and set the flame to somewhere between medium-low to medium. Keep an eye on the flame. You want it low enough to warm the slice without making the crust charcoal.


In about 10-15 minutes*, you'll have a sliced warm through, the cheese completely melted and the crust just crisp.
*I think it's faster with a non-stick skillet since they heat much quicker than cast iron.
 
I'll be doing this off and on over the next couple of days, between Mushroom-Spinach Lasagna.


0 comments: