Pages

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Simple Roasted Broccoli



When I picked up the broccoli the other day, I planned on following a recipe. Then when I got started with intentions of coupling the dish with One-Pot Sticky Chicken Drumsticks, my rational mind took over and I went simple.

Simple Roasted Broccoli
adapted from Epicurious
click to print

12 oz broccoli florets
2-3 tsp olive oil
salt, to taste
pepper, to taste

Preheat oven to 450°F. Spread broccoli florets onto a rimmed baking sheet. Spray the broccoli generously with oil via a Misto or drizzle about a tablespoon of oil over the broccoli and toss to coat.


Sprinkle broccoli with salt and pepper and toss.


Roast 20-30 minutes, or until broccoli begins to brown.


Serve hot.

I enjoyed mine with One-Pot Sticky Chicken Drumsticks and steamed white rice.


It's been a looong time since I've had roasted broccoli of any sort and I can't, for the life of me, figure out why that is. It's so good! The next time I have it, I'll follow through on the recipe I was planning on making this time around.

Cost:
  • broccoli florets: $1.99
or $1 for each of two servings.


0 comments: