Pages

Monday, February 20, 2012

Gourmet House Italian Arborio Rice



Extra starchy to yield yummy creaminess, arborio rice is the way to go for risottos. Each risotto I've made thus far was done with arborio rice, though not necessarily this brand, and it doesn't disappoint.

I was happy to find this package in my cupboard. I remember being pleased with this find when I bought it (a year ago) since previously I was forced to buy a much more expensive option.

Neglecting to collect an image of the nutritional facts, you can find it at the manufacturer's website.

Gourmet House Italian Arborio Rice, available at your Ralph's among the other rices for $2.99/12-oz package.

Looking up arborio rice in my old copy of Larousse Gastronomique I was a little surprised that among all of the types listed, arborio was not. Does anyone know if the latest edition includes it?


0 comments: